Are you making the most of all the activities and amenities Mississauga has to offer? Don’t hold off on big adventures or exciting experiences. Make 2023 the year you check off everything on your to-do list. Here are our top recommendations for must-try experiences in Mississauga.
Mississauga has hundreds of parks, a stunning waterfront, a thriving culture and dozens of public art displays. With all this, there’s a world of ways to soak in the city that don’t cost a cent. These are our top picks for your 2023 to-do list:
- Hike All the Trails at the Riverwood Conservancy: This beloved urban nature preserve is rich in natural features, including the Credit River, wetlands, woodlands and meadows. Plan to explore a new area with every visit, following the various trails.
- See All the Public Art: Culture is at the heart of our city, and art is an important part of that, so naturally, you can find free public art throughout Mississauga. Spend this year exploring all the incredible art works and galleries.
- Hit All the Beaches: With so much waterfront, it’s no surprise that Mississauga has three fantastic beaches, each with their own benefits. Explore them all for yourself to decide your favourite!
- Visit 10 Different Parks: How often do you explore a new park in the city? Mississauga has over 500 parks that offer a wealth of amenities. In the winter, try a couple of the 31 parks with natural ice rinks. In the spring, watch the cherry blossoms bloom at Kariya Park. Play some Bocce at Heritage Hills Park in the summer. In the Fall, find your favourite spot to enjoy the foliage.
- Enjoy all seasons at Celebration Square: Make a point of checking out Celebration Square at least once a season to take advantage of all the free events. Make sure to bring your swimsuit for a splash in the Fountain during the warmer weather, and rent some skates to enjoy the ice rink in the winter.
Food and Drink
Mississauga has a thriving foodie scene, with over 1,200 restaurants. What better way to explore the city and its cultures than by exploring its culinary offerings? Add these to your to-do list:
- Try a new restaurant in every neighbourhood: A monthly or weekly take-out night is a great way to start exploring the diverse cuisines from more than 150 countries that you can find in the city. Make it your mission to grab a meal in one restaurant from every area of the city, from Malton to Meadowvale, Clarkson to Port Credit.
- Experience a Mississauga Mainstay: While there are lots of new restaurants opening their doors all the time, there are also some who’ve been around for decades – and for good reason (deliciousness). Dairy Cream is the oldest restaurant in the city, serving up sundaes, shakes and splits since 1958.
- Treat yourself to fine dining: Among its many restaurants, Mississauga has multiple widely-renowned fine dining options, attracting guests from across Canada, including Aristotle’s Steak & Seafood House, Piatto, Rogues Restaurant and more. Try one or try them all!
Make a Memory of a Lifetime
Whether you have a milestone to celebrate or just want to try something out of the ordinary, here are our picks for making a truly special memory in Mississauga.
- See Mississauga like never before: As a city that enjoys its waterfront, you may have paddled out on a canoe or even tried paddleboarding, but for something out of the ordinary, chip in with some friends to hire a charter and enjoy a sunset cruise.
- Once-in-a-lifetime entertainment: Plan an evening out to experience a bucket-list show. Check out saugaLIVE to see all the upcoming events at Mississauga’s multiple entertainment venues.