Ready to lounge on the deck or get decked out in red? This coming long weekend, there’s lots of Canada Day fun happening in Mississauga. After the fireworks have fizzled, you can keep the summertime excitement going with new events every week. Here’s what’s happening all month long.
Celebrate Canada Day in the heart of the city! Mississauga’s official Canada celebration, running from 4-10:30 p.m. at Celebration Square, has an action-packed line up of family fun. Live entertainment will include local musicians along with incredible headliners elijah woods, the multi-platinum singer and producer, and JESSIA, 2022’s JUNO award-winning Breakthrough Artist of the Year. You can even win a chance to meet them! On top of the entertainment there will also be a variety of food trucks serving meals as diverse as Mississauga, and a kids zone featuring activities, arcade games, selfie stations and more. Of course, it will all wrap up with a stellar fireworks display.
Pull up a lawn chair at Celebration Square and enjoy some delicious eats from Night Market Toronto’s curated food vendors – along with some of the best seats in the house for the fireworks. This special culinary event is happening all weekend in the Square so you can keep coming back for more.
Port Credit is going all out to paint the town red for Canada Day, with a variety of entertainment and the GTA’s only Canada Day parade. From 1-6 pm, the Memorial Park Kids Zone will feature games, crafts and visits from some of kids’ favourite characters. On the main stage you can catch some of the best tribute performers playing hits from Taylor Swift, Billy Joel, the Tragically Hip and more. Then, don’t miss the fireworks at nightfall!
Celebrate Canada Day in the Streetsville Village Square with live performances, including one from the Streetsville Pipes & Drums band, family fun and a cake-cutting ceremony with Mayor Bonnie Crombie. Fireworks start at 10 pm.
- Come celebrate culture at the Eid Al Adha Carnival! Enjoy family activities, games, face painting, henna, live entertainment and more.
- Listen to Indian Idol star Neha Kakkar rock the stage at Paramaount Fine Foods Centre.
- Experience the music of Led Zeppelin with energetic tribute Get the Led Out at the Living Arts Centre.
- Are you into fitness, health or nutrition? The Fit Expo at Celebration Square is for you. Take part in fitness classes, competitions and workshops while socializing with Canadian & International fitness celebrities.
- Experience the rich Lebanese culture at the 10th annual St. Charbel Lebanese Festival, including Lebanese food, a DJ, and a kids zone featuring games and activities
- Have some family fun in the sun while supporting local Black entrepreneurs at the Culture Summer Market. In addition to vendors, you and your family will enjoy a live DJ, a bouncy castle, games and prizes.
- Visit the Mississauga Multilingual Fringe Festival, an uncensored, non-juried theatre festival, bringing together emerging and established artists alike to tell their stories on stage.
- Celebrate Latin culture at the Mississauga Latin Festival at Celebration Square. Enjoy the parade led by Mayor Bonnie Crombie featuring delegations representing Latin American countries as well as a kids zone and live performers
- Get up close to life-like and animatronic dinosaurs at Dino Stroll featuring a variety of dinosaur experiences and rides.