The holiday season is in full swing and Mississauga has no shortage of events to help you make the most of the season, or take a break from the festivities to cheer on your home team. Here’s what’s coming up in Mississauga in December.
Ongoing Events All Month Long:
- November 20 – January 2: Head to Celebration Square for Light Up The Square – Festival of Lights for dazzling light displays, four interactive art installations, ice skating, food trucks and a stunning 40’ Christmas tree.
- November 23 – December 5: Create your own seasonal décor at Dixie Outlet Mall’s wreath making workshop.
- November 25 – January 8: Meadowvale GO is home to Journey into Enchantment – Christmas Drive-Thru Festival, one of the GTA’s largest drive thru holiday light experiences, featuring over two million lights plus interactive displays.
- November 26 – December 12: True crime fans shouldn’t miss out on Terror – An Interactive Courtroom Drama at Clarke Hall. Throughout the play, you’ll help decide the fate of a suspect accused of shooting down a hijacked commercial flight.
- November 26 – December 24: Support local women-owned businesses at Square One’s Run The World Holiday Market. You’ll get beautiful, complimentary gift wrapping with your purchases, plus access to fun photo backdrops.
- December 3 – December 12: Port Credit Memorial Park gets a magical makeover for Lights & Ice Winterfest, including handcrafted ice sculptures and an abundance of beautiful lights. Free Parking is available.
- December 3 – January 20: In honour of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD) on December 3, the Museums of Mississauga present the Lights! Camera! Empowerment! arts performance project created by participants of DEEN Support Services. The free exhibit is on display at the Anchorage Galleries at Bradley Museum.
- December 4 – 19 (Saturdays and Sundays): Find the perfect locally-sourced, handmade gift at Erin Mills’ Artisan Hub Holiday Market.
- December 9 – 19: The Small Arms Inspection Building hosts Mississauga’s Festival of Trees featuring festive tree and wood-pile art installations created by contemporary artists, as well as seasonal light displays.
December 1 – 5
- December 4: The Small Arms Inspection Building hosts Mississauga Vegfest Holiday Market, Mississauga’s first vegan holiday market – the perfect place to find cruelty free and vegan holiday gifts.
- December 4: Visit Port Credit for the annual Light Up the Lighthouse celebration to see the famous attraction decked out in holiday lights. Afterward, keep an eye out for Santa, strolling around the port!
- December 4: Enjoy a “A Night to Remember” in Cooksville-Mississauga, filled with holiday lights, a candlelight walk, entertainment, music, refreshments and a Tree Lighting ceremony.
- December 4: Raptors 905 versus the Capital City Go-Gos
- December 4: Mississauga Steelheads versus the Niagara IceDogs
- December 5: Join the faculty, companies, and students of the Tap Dance Centre for a Christmas Tap Concert at the Living Arts Centre featuring holiday favourites.
- December 5: Partake in a holiday classic at the Living Arts Centre with a performance of The Nutcracker by The State Ballet Theatre of Ukraine.
- December 5: Pick up some local, sustainable, organic and artisanal products at the Lakeview Farmers’ Market – the last market of the year – located indoors at the Small Arms Inspection Building.
December 6 – 12
- December 6: Mississauga Steelheads versus the Barrie Colts
- December 8: Join the Museums of Mississauga in partnership with Mississauga Library for Festive Foods, an interactive conversation about favourite holiday meals, including some from the museum’s historic kitchen.
- December 9: Raptors 905 versus the Maine Celtics
- December 10 – 12: Visit the Mississauga Festival of Trees and you can also shop for local, handmade goods at the Artisan Market.
- December 11: Raptors 905 versus the Maine Celtics
- December 11: The Port Credit BIA and Dodge Ram invite you to help give back and Cram the Ram with non-perishable food donations to the Compass Food Bank.
- December 11: Bring your kids to meet some visitors from the North Pole at Westwood Square Mall. The holiday event will feature elves, toy soldiers and candy canes.
- December 12: Connect with the culture of India as Bollywood Dance School Students perform their favourite selections in their Winter Showcase at the Living Arts Centre.
December 13 – 19
- December 17-18: Shop from an array of artisanal food vendors at the Culinary Market when you visit the Mississauga Festival of Trees.
- December 17-19: Night Market TO presents Frost Bites, themed culinary markets taking place at Square One.Come hungry and ready to try a variety of international flavours!The event will also feature a beautiful winter forest and a mailbox so you can send your letters to Santa.
- December 18: Mississauga Steelheads versus the Sarnia Sting
- December 18: Meet some more visitors from the North Pole at Westwood Square Mall. This holiday event will feature elves, Christmas tree performers and stilt walkers.
- December 18: Enjoy Christmas favourites from the Baroque era performed by the Mississauga Symphony Orchestra and a cast of singers in A Baroque Christmas at the Living Arts Centre.
- December 19: Get into the holiday spirit with the Mississauga Symphony Orchestra’s performance, A Merry Little Christmas, at the Living Arts Centre.
December 27 – 31
- December 28: Raptors 905 versus the Grand Rapids Golds
- December 29: Mississauga Steelheads versus the Peterborough Petes
- December 30: Raptors 905 versus the Grand Rapids Golds