The festive Fall season is upon us and there are plenty of celebrations happening all month long. Get ready for harvests, haunts and holiday celebrations for the whole family in Mississauga.
- Journey to Isla Nublar and come the closest you’ll ever get to real dinosaurs at Jurassic World: The Exhibition.
- Shop for local, sustainable produce, unique artisan products and more at the Port Credit Farmers Market every Saturday from June 3 – October 7 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Elmwood lot. (3 Elmwood Ave. North)
- Visit the Lions Farmers Market every Wednesday from June 7 – October 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. to support local farmers while enjoying some of the city’s finest produce and homemade goods.
- Back for its fourth season, visit the Lakeview Farmers’ and Artisan Market at the Small Arms Inspection Building for a unique indoor and outdoor market experience featuring shopping, activities and live entertainment until October 29.
- Explore identity, home and belonging at Mississauga Stories, four unique exhibitions across two historic sites, the Bradley Museum and the Small Arms Inspection Building, until December 17.
- From September 21 until December 18, fantastical sculptures, authentic saloon doors, cowboy-inspired artifacts and more in No Place, in an exhibit that showcases the landscapes and myths of the American Southwest at the Bradley Museum.
- Play ghoulish games, paint pumpkins, experience the thrill rides, discover animatronic dinosaurs and more at Halloween Hoopla from October 13-31 at Square One.
- Experience a first-of-its-kind event, the Festival of Arabic Music and Arts featuring performances by well-known local and international artists from October 20 – November 10.
October 1st - 3rd
- October 1: The Mississauga Steelheads face off against the Kitchener Rangers at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
- October 1: Visit Celebration Square for 2023 Community Crime Awareness Day hosted by the Mississauga Chinese Business Association (MCBA), in partnership with the Peel Regional Police featuring multicultural foods, traditional Chinese performances and the Mid-Autumn Festival featuring thousands of lanterns.
October 2nd - 8th
October 5: Take to the stage or listen and relax during a fun evening of open-stage drag karaoke at Saloon Serenades: Drag Karaoke Soirée Series at the Bradley Museum Barn.
October 9th - 15th
- October 13: Dance, jam and swing at the Sauga Foot Stomp featuring live swing jazz and lessons on the Lindy Hop – the original swing dance – happening at the Clarke Hall Grounds.
- October 14: The Mississauga Steelheads face off against the Saginaw Spirit at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
- October 14: Celebrate the Festival of Lights and enjoy music, shows, festive flavours and fun for the whole family at Canada Diwali RazzMatazz in Celebration Square.
- October 14: Enjoy an evening of live music at Celebrating Chet Baker as renowned vocalist and trumpeter Franklin Penny performs some of the most popular songs in jazz at the Living Arts Centre.
- October 14: Join the Mississauga Symphony Orchestra at the Living Arts Centre as they kick off the 2023/2024 season with Absolute Romantics, a performance of some of the most beloved works of the romantic era.
- October 15: The Mississauga Steelheads face off against the Erie Otters at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
October 16th - 22nd
- October 17: Celebrate this year’s crops from the Riverwood Conservancy’s garden, learn about conservation and enjoy a delicious meal at The Riverwood Harvest, held at Capra’s Kitchen.
- October 20: Relive the days of soda pop, drive-ins, poodle skirts, and winged Cadillac at the Grease Live Tribute Concert at the Meadowvale Theatre.
- October 20: Visit Crescent Hill Gallery for its Ways of Seeing Exhibition opening event featuring a highly-anticipated Fall gallery curated to facilitate natural discovery.
- October 20: Enjoy Portuguese tapas, imported beverages and fado music performances at Silêncio Canta-Se O Fado Portuguese Fado Night.
- October 21: The Mississauga Steelheads face off against the Kitchener Rangers at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
- October 21: Experience a dazzling fusion of ancient Arabic poetry and captivating music at Diwan: A Voice of Wisdom at the Meadowvale Theatre.
- October 21: Listen to the musical legacy of the legendary Lebanese composer and songwriter, Zaki Nassif at the Music Without Borders Festival: A Tribute to Zaki Nassif – أَهوَاك بِلَا أمل at the Maja Prentice Theatre.
- October 21: Join one of Canada’s most iconic musicians at Matthew Good Solo Acoustic at the Living Arts Centre.
- October 22 – 22: Participate in the 22nd Annual Lakeshore Art Trail to explore more art than ever before featured, guest speakers and workshops at the Small Arms Inspection Building.
- October 22: Embark on a musical voyage along the Mediterranean coast as the Canadian Arabic Youth Orchestra performs Mediterranean Waves at the Living Arts Centre.
October 23rd - 29th
- October 27: Celebrate unity and cultural appreciation as the Canadian Arabic Orchestra presents Koum Tara, a performance of varied styles of music at the Living Arts Centre.
- October 28: Support the United Church Women (UCW) of Streetsville United Church while shopping for some seasonal goodies at the Annual Harvest of Crafts Sale.
- October 28: Come in Costume for Halloween in the Village, a free event where you can trick-or-treat at Clarkson’s businesses and enjoy fun family activities.
October 30th - 31st
October 31: Get dressed up and ready to party, play spooky games, have fun with themed crafts and much more at Amazing Adventures Playland’s KIDS SPOOKTACULAR Halloween Party.