It’s the time of year when ghouls come out to play and trick-or-treating is the order of the day. Whether you’re looking for a truly fearsome fright or some not-so-scary spooks, Mississauga is sure to have an event to suit your fancy. From family fun festivals to adults-only evenings, check out some of the most happening Halloween haunts this month – if you dare!
Top Picks for Kids
- Bring your little ones to Amazing Adventures Indoor Playground’s KIDS SPOOKTACULAR Halloween Party. They’ll love the spooky (but kid-friendly) games, music, decorations, costume parade and prizes. If you miss the first party, catch the second one!
- Catch a special Halloween edition of Open Air Storytime by the Mississauga Library during Celebration Square’s Halloweekend on October 28, ideal for ages 3-10.
- Kids aged 4-12 can snack on Halloween treats while crafting at Family Pumpkin Carving on October 29.
- Bigger kids, aged 6-11, can learn about Halloween traditions from over 100 years ago while getting creative at Historic Crafts at Benares: Halloween on October 14.
- Create some scary art, compete in a costume contest and more at 4Cats’ Spook-Tacular Halloween Party on October 29.
Top Picks for Teens
- Teens and tweens ages 12-15 can bake some traditional Halloween treats at Historic Cooking at Benares: Halloween on October 15.
- Head to Celebration Square to jam out to Halloween hits live from the DJ while you take a spin around the square during Halloweekend Roller Skate 2023 happening October 28 and 29. Don’t miss out on the movie showing in the Square: Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride.
Top Picks for Adults
- Get ready to be scared as you hear about chilling true crime stories during
during Mississauga Confidential on October 18.
- Create some creepy coffee art at Studio 89’s Coffee & Canvas Paint Night: Spooky Edition on October 27.
- Dress up for a fun night at Rogue Nightclub’s Halloween party, featuring a DJ spinning a spooky mix, on October 27.
- Celebrate spooky season at The Rec Room’s Halloween Bash on October 28, featuring live entertainment, gaming and a costume contest.
- Gather your gang and try your hand at creepy questions at Halloween Nature Trivia Night at the Riverwood Conservancy on October 30.
Fun for Everyone
- From October 6 onward, explore a magical world of witches, ghouls, ghosts and monsters at illumi’s Halloween Special.
- Paint pumpkins, hang out with dinosaurs, hop on a thrill ride and dine on delectable food truck treats at Halloween Hoopla from October 13 – 31.
- Explore and shop the occult at Mississauga’s Witches Halloween Market on October 20 featuring trick-or-treating, mystical readers and more than 40 vendors.
- Visit Clarkson for the annual free Pumpkin Carving in Cooksville event on October 21, where all supplies and pumpkins are provided to help you create a Halloween masterpiece.
- Enjoy some fun, spooky tunes and hocus pocus during Mississauga Pops and the Magic of Tyler Fergus on October 22.
- Join Heritage Mississauga for the Haunted Mississauga 2023 Heritage Tour, a guided tour of the historic Dixie Union Cemetery performed by costumed actors, on October 27.
- Head to Clarkson for some early trick-or-treating, plus bouncy castles and family fun at the annual Halloween in the Village event on October 28.
- Pop on a costume and hop on your bike for a Halloween Community Ride through the city’s scenic Fall colours on October 28.
- Visit the Bradley Museum (in costume!) on October 28 and 29 for the Halloween Harvest Festival. In addition to trying fire pit treats, the whole family will love meeting animals, the harvest scavenger hunt, heritage demonstrations, a vendor market and kids activities including a neon glow zone.
- Brave a haunted house, decorate cookies, collect treats and shop the vendor market at the Streetsville Spooktacular event on October 29.
- Keep the Halloween fun going on November 1 and enjoy a stroll along Bradley Museum’s pumpkin-lit path at Park Your Pumpkin on November 1.