There’s nothing like cuddling up in a cozy café, watching the snow fall softly on a winter day. Among Mississauga’s hundreds of restaurant options are dozens of coffee shops and bakeries, perfect for a relaxing pop-in. These eight cafes are some of the most unique and well-loved across Sauga’s neighbourhoods.
Archtop Coffee Bar
- Reasons to love it: Great coffee and even better vibes. Located above its sister shop Archtop Vinyl, the café is themed accordingly with albums lining the walls.
- Menu highlights: In addition to baked goods, soups, salads and sandwiches, Archtop offers a unique selection of ice creams. Try The 99 – vanilla ice cream in a waffle cone with a Cadbury flake, or get a twist with espresso.
- Reasons to love it: Plenty of options for bubble tea and coffee lovers alike, with relaxed indoor seating, a short walk from local attractions like the Lighthouse.
- Menu highlights: The unique specialty drinks, like the Brown Sugar Pearl Milk Latte which includes brown sugar pearls made in-house, are must-try items.
Back Road Cafe & Roastery
- Reasons to love it: Passion for coffee and for life is woven into every element of this family-owned business. Enjoy the eclectic setting inspired by the owners’ love of motorcycles before bringing home some of their own specialty roast blends.
- Menu highlights: The varied coffee selection is thoughtfully curated with ethically sourced beans roasted on-site. Try a cup of the Granja El Paraiso 92 roast with notes of passion fruit, toasted coconut and rose flavours.
Kate's Town Talk Bakery
- Reasons to love it: An unpretentious menu packed with classic recipes that bring the nostalgia, you’ll love the traditional feel as much as the flavours.
- Menu highlights: Don’t leave without a butter tart, made with a family recipe passed down through generations, baked in small batches throughout the day so they’re always fresh.
Downtown City Centre
Alaia Cafe and Doughnuts
- Reasons to love it: With its pretty and pink aesthetic, this café is known as much for its vibe as for its delicious menu – perfect for an Instagrammable outing.
- Menu highlights: Pair some of Alaia’s Unicorn Doughnuts featuring cotton candy and sprinkles with the matching Unicorn Hot Cocoa, or lean into the café’s theme with a Rose Oat Latte paired with Turkish Delight.
- Reasons to love it: More than just a café, Studio 89 is a community-minded non-profit that provides accessible programming and free event spaces to Mississaugans.
- Menu highlights: You’ll find a broad variety of coffees, teas, eats and treats, from Snickers cake to nachos along with nutritious options like the chickpea sandwich. Bonus: every purchase goes toward supporting the community.
The Daly Grind
- Reasons to love it: When you just can’t work at home, The Daly Grind has you covered. You can set up at the co-work space and grab a coffee from the café to keep you energized.
- Menu highlights: A rotating menu of soups and sandwiches keeps things fresh so you won’t get bored of spending lunchtimes here. For something lighter, try one of the unique scone flavours like piña colada or earl grey white chocolate.
Halo Espresso Bar
- Reasons to love it: A truly cozy café where you can hang out, work or relax without pressure while snacking on indulgent baked goods and sipping coffee roasted in-house.
- Menu highlights: The Cortado is a popular beverage choice here. Pair in with a warm seasonal scone or a decadent stuffed cookie.