Since opening in 1997, Mississauga’s Living Arts Centre (LAC) has been a cornerstone of our community, helping to make the arts accessible and entertain thousands upon thousands of guests.
As we celebrate its 25th anniversary, take a look at the tremendous impact the LAC has had on Mississauga’s culture scene – and all the incredible things to see and do during your visit.
Planning Your Visit to the Living Arts Centre
Located in the heart of the city, a short walk from Square One and Celebration Square, the Living Arts Centre is a renowned local entertainment venue. While its three theatres, Hammerson Hall, RBC Theatre and Rogers Theatre, have a revolving schedule of incredible acts, the venue has plenty more to offer.
Before your show, you can enjoy the delicious culinary arts of the in-venue LIVE! Restaurant. With the perfect ambiance, floor-to-ceiling windows, and a delicious, varied menu – that tastes as good as it looks – it’s the perfect place to kick off a special night. Private dining is also available for those extra special occasions.
Beyond live performances, art is also evident throughout the venue, as the Centre is home to Resident Artist Spaces. The Resident Artist Program supports emerging and mid-career artists and artisans. It provides artists and artisans of diverse disciplines with opportunities to develop and maintain their art and design practice. While visiting, be sure to explore the venue and soak in the many stunning works of art throughout.
With its dedication to expanding access to the arts, the City of Mississauga also hosts many camps and programs for kids and adults alike at the LAC. These are a fantastic opportunity to engage in a variety of creative endeavours from dance, to music and visual arts.
Looking Back on 25 Years
Throughout its history, the Living Arts Centre has played host to some incredible acts from all over the world. Symphonies, ballets, rock stars and comedians have all graced the stage. Here are just some of the many acts that have lit up its stages.
- Incredible local talent the Mississauga Symphony Orchestra has been a resident tenant at the LAC since its opening and plays many performances each year, ranging from classical favourites to movie soundtracks.
- World renowned musical legends Gordon Lightfoot, The Barenaked Ladies, The Zombies, Paul Anka, Alan Doyle, and Theory of a Deadman have all rocked the house.
- Some of the most beloved names in children’s entertainment haver performed, including Raffi, Sesame Street, Miss Persona, Splash N’ Boots and the Berenstain Bears.
- Pop culture smash hits including Letterkenny Live! and the cast of Whose Line Is It Anyway have brought their tours to the LAC.
- Theatre performances including classics like A Christmas Carol, contemporary favourite The Kite Runner and numerous ballets including The Nutcracker.
Join the Living Arts Centre to commemorate its 25th anniversary milestone at its open house on Sunday, November 13. Enjoy live performances, crafts, contests and activities as you join the community in celebrating this milestone.
Stay tuned to all the magical events happening at the Centre by following Visit Mississauga on Facebook and Instagram.