As the weather starts to heat up, so does Mississauga’s events calendar. From fan-favourite festivals, to the arts and athletics, there’s something happening for everyone this month. Here’s what’s coming up.
- March 26 – June 5: Visit the Small Arms Inspection Building as local and international Biennial artists transform the city and surrounding regions with artworks, talks, and performances that reflect local contexts and pressing issues of our time.
- April 28 – May 22: Book a guided tour at Benares Historic House to enjoy Tales of Textiles, an exhibition organized by The New Youth Council that shares the stories of Mississauga residents through pieces of clothing that they were wearing at a significant time in their life
- April 29 – May 26: Explore the different forms of love among Mississaugans at What is Love? Past and Present Love Stories of Mississauga, a free exhibit at Bradley Museum.
May 1 – 8:
- May 1: Mississauga Marathon welcomes runners from all over to #RunThisCity
- May 4: Mississauga Steelheads vs. the Barrie Colts at Paramount Fine Food Centre.
- May 4: Young people ages 14-24 can join in the Youth Town Hall presented by the Mississauga Youth Action Committee (MYAC) to provide their input on services.
- May 6: Beginners and experienced swimmers alike are invited to learn about water safety at the Aquatic Obstacle Course at South Common Community Centre.
- May 6 – 8: Kick off the summer with music, food, and amazing vibes at Canada’s first ever Halal Food Tour with Night Market TO. Tickets are free, but be sure to reserve your tickets in advance to secure a spot!
- May 6 – 8: Celebrate MOM Mother’s Day Event at Erin Mills Town Centre, featuring mini makeovers and a MOM market with great gift ideas.
- May 7: Youth aged 10-18 are invited to Youth Poet Laureate Engagement to speak with Youth Poet Laureate, Qurat Dar, and visual artist, Sima Naseem to help inspire an upcoming poetry-inspired mural for the Ontario Summer Games.
- May 7: Learn how to stitch and sew upcycled fabrics and fibres into sustainable, autobiographical works of art at the Sustainable Textile Workshop with Khadija Aziz at Benares Historic House.
- May 8: Celebrate Mother’s Day at the Mela Teeyan Da Concert 2022 at Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
May 9 – 15:
- May 13: Cheer on over 500 participants from across Ontario as The Ontario Parasport Games kick off with the opening ceremony at Celebration Square, featuring a torch relay, the Athlete’s Parade, themed photo ops and a concert.
- May 13 – 15: Ontario Parasport Games celebrates nine Parasport events, from Sledge Hockey to Wheelchair Basketball. To see a full list of events and venues visit the games website at sauga2022games.ca Bonus: Admission to all events will be free!
- May 14: Check out illustrations of local skateboarders, rollerbladers, and break-dancers by local artist and skate boarder Ray Vidal at the Sculpture Court Skate Park Public Art Launch. Open to ages 15-30.
- May 15: Join the Mississauga Symphony Youth Orchestra for A Guide to the Orchestra at the Living Arts Centre.
May 16 – 22:
- May 17: Reserve your tickets for Once Upon a Time at the Living Arts Centre, a spectacular year-end show presented by the Culture Division at the City of Mississauga highlighting the incredible dedication of the dancers and choreographers in the Recital Dance Program.
- May 18: Enjoy a stage production of Frozen Jr. at the Living Arts Centre, hosted by Philopateer Christian College.
- May 19: Join the Mississauga Arts Council in celebrating the outstanding achievements by artists in support of our creative city at The 2022 MARTY Awards
- May 20: Join the Barvinok Ukrainian Dance School for the 2022 Barvinok 53rd Year End Concert, a performance dedicated to the people of Ukraine, where 350 dancers from ages 5 to 25 will showcase their talent.
May 23 – 29:
- May 28 – 29: Take a tour of 23 countries without leaving Mississauga as Carassauga’s in-person Festival of Cultures returns.
- May 29: Join The Dance Pac at the Living Arts Centre as they present Showcasing The Stars 2022, a spectacular performance from competitive and recreational dancers.
Follow Visit Mississauga on Facebook and Instagram to stay tuned to all the latest happenings in Mississauga.