Spring has sprung and with it comes lots of local fun! From hockey and basketball to poetry and pet expos, there’s lots to do in Mississauga this month. Here’s what’s coming up.
- March 26 – June 5: Visit the Small Arms Inspection Building as local and international Biennial artists transform the city and surrounding regions with contemporary artworks, talks, and performances that reflect local contexts and pressing issues of our time.
April 1 – 3:
- April 2: Raptors 905 vs. the Greenboro Swarm at Paramount Fine Food Centre.
- April 2: Enjoy an evening with the Mississauga Symphony Orchestra as they present Comforting Classics by Request, a performance of symphonic masterworks selected by our audience.
- April 3: Mississauga Steelheads vs. the Sudbury Wolves at Paramount Fine Food Centre.
- April 3: Celebrate 50 years of The Stampeders, classics of Canada’s 70’s music scene.
- April 3: Reptile fanatics won’t want to miss the Reptile Expo at the International Centre.
April 4 – 10:
- April 6: Hear from Mississauga’s inaugural poet laureate during an Online Author Talk with Anna Yin.
- April 7-10: Get ready for cottage season at the Spring Cottage Life show featuring a variety of vendors from builders to designers. Pick up some new water toys or tips for entertaining.
- April 7: Meet our Mississauga Poet Laureate, Ayomide Bayowa at the Online Poetry Writing Workshop where you can participate in a guided workshop on the process of writing poems and short works.
- April 9: Mississauga Steelheads vs. the Kingston Frontenacs at Paramount Fine Food Centre.
April 11 – 17:
- April 13: Learn how to start your own vegetable garden and join a local artist to draw your own Earth Day inspired picture at Open Museum: Earth Day with Museums of Mississauga.
- April 13: In the Online Author Talk with Jasmin Kaur, explore writings covering feminism, social justice, survival, and love.
- April 14 – 17: Save on shoes for the whole family from some of the top designers at the Spring and Summer Designer Shoe Sale at the International Centre.
- April 15-17: Bring your pet to the International Centre for the Canadian Pet Expo to hear from trainers and pet experts and take advantage of pet-focused shopping.
April 18 – 24:
- April 21 – 23: Find everything trucking, featuring over 500 exhibitors, at Truck World at the International Centre.
April 25 – 30:
- April 29 – May 1: Visit Canada’s largest event for outdoor adventurers, the 26th annual Outdoor Adventure Show at the International Centre.
- April 29 – May 1: If you have the need for speed, don’t miss out on Motorama Custom Car and Motorsports Expo at the International Centre.
- April 29: Canadian quartet The Dreamboats bring 50s and 60s sounds for an evening of old-fashioned rock and roll at the Living Arts.
- April 30: Enjoy arias from famous operas “Carmen,” “La Boheme,” and “La Traviata” during The Best of MSO Opera at the Living Arts Centre.