Tired of gifting Dad the same old socks, shirts and tie? This Father’s Day, surprise him with a fun experience instead. Check out our top ideas for some family fun in Mississauga.
Dining with Dad
June is an ideal time to enjoy the many patios in the city, but whether you prefer dining indoors or out, try kicking off some family time with a delicious meal at one of these local favourite restaurants.
- For Wine Connoisseurs: The Open Cork offers a sophisticated interior, a lively patio and an elevated Italian menu. It’s also won numerous awards for its wine selection.
- For Casual but Delicious Eats: Liberate your hunger at Gladiator Burger with sandwiches ranging from single to triple patties, with unique toppings like mac and cheese, plus flavourful steak sandwiches, veggie options, and shakes.
- For Food Trucks and Entertainment: Visit the Halal Food Festival at Mississauga’s Celebration Square to enjoy a wide selection of halal food offerings while listening to live shows.
For more dining ideas, check out our guide to, picnics and patios in Mississauga.
Awesome Activities and Attractions
Take advantage of the wide variety of attractions and amenities throughout the city to make some Father’s Day memories.
Have a friendly competition: Whether your family prefers leisurely activities like golf, or something more high-adrenaline, there are lots of ways to have some competitive family fun:
- Race the tracks at K1 Speed to see who’s the fastest in the fam.
- Hit the links for a golf getaway at Mississauga’s scenic outdoor courses, or get some practice in at an indoor simulator.
- Challenge Dad to a round of bowling, axe throwing or his favourite video game at The Rec Room.
Relax or play at the park: Mississauga’s more than 500 parks have a range of unique amenities that are perfect for any interest:
- For aviation enthusiasts, head to Danville Park for incredible views of planes departing and landing at Pearson International Airport from the viewing platform.
- Play a round of disc golf, tennis, or basketball at Dellwood Park, or head to Heritage Hills Park for bocce, soccer or softball.
- Take gardeners or nature lovers to Kariya Park or Brueckner Rhododendron Gardens to explore the flowers and foliage.
Experience Cool Events
Take advantage of amazing festivals and shows for the perfect Mississauga Father’s Day.
- Tune In: Enjoy a repertoire of music spanning genres from big band to rock as the Mississauga Pops Orchestra performs during the Benares Historic House’s On the Verandah – Outdoor Music Concerts series.
- Try Some Brews: Visit the Creative Craft Beer Festival to taste test delicious brews, ciders and food while playing games and enjoying live music.
- Create with Coffee: Repurpose coffee grinds into paint at Studio.89’s Coffee and Canvas: Father-Child Coffee Painting Workshop.