Among Mississauga’s vast green spaces are situated two of Ontario’s most beautiful and beloved golf courses. Link up with your friends or family for the ultimate golf getaway while enjoying the beautiful scenery, convenient shopping, delicious meals and off-course fun.
Get started with our advice to help you plan the perfect golfing weekend in Mississauga.
Plan Your Tee Time
Mississauga runs two beautiful courses that offer unique challenges for a range of skill levels, from beginners to experienced pros. Both greens have similar pricing and unique, picturesque grounds, so you can try one or both.
This 18-hole course, considered one of Southern Ontario’s hidden gems, is situated amongst a parkland of mature trees and finely groomed greens. Designed by renowned golfer and architect Herbert Strong, it has existed at its present location since 1907 and is a designated Ontario heritage site.
From the friendly staff and fellow golfers to the modern clubhouse and the mix of difficulties across the holes, this course is an Ontario favourite for good reason.
From one of the highest points of the city, you can admire spectacular views while shooting either nine of 18 holes. Fittingly, this course takes its name from the Gaelic word “slope,” and players will wind that like in the Scottish Highlands, the terrain and level of challenge can be impacted by the wind. On a hot day, the breeze makes this a more comfortable spot for a round.
BraeBen’s 18-hole course is a par 72 Championship course, with a driving range located there. For a quicker game, BraeBen also offers a more leisurely. 9-hole par 3 course, which still offers a variety of challenges, with holes between 100 and 200 yards.
Keep in mind, as public courses the pace of play is dependent on the time you’re playing and the golfers ahead of you, but players generally find them well run and will appreciate the lack of pressure from the marshals, and beautiful scenery during any waits.
Stock Up on Gear
If you need to pick up some clubs, gloves or other gear, both BraeBen and Lakeview have on-site pro shops, but if you’re looking for even more variety, check out some of these shops throughout Mississauga.
- Looking for a deal? You’ll find it at the Modern Golf Outlet, featuring a vast selection of pre-owned, demo and clearance equipment and apparel.
- Peruse the top brands and get fitted for the perfect clubs at Golf Town.
- For premium and aftermarket equipment, expert fittings and custom club building using cutting-edge technology, pay a visit to the pros at state-of-the-art fitting studio Tour Experience Golf.
Lakeview players will enjoy grabbing a bite at its fully licensed lounge or outdoor patio. However, there are also plenty of nearby dining options if you prefer a change of scenery.
- Enjoy some open flame-grilled tex-mex at casual steakhouse the Texas Longhorn, a Mississauga staple since 1987.
- For a laid-back but upscale and elegant dining experience, take a short drive from Lakeview to Shore Grill and Grotto for their signature seafood, or stone-fired pizza, along with live music.
Nearby BraeBen, there is also a wide range of restaurants ranging from fast casual to relaxed elegance.
If the weather isn’t cooperating on your weekend, or you prefer to get some extra practice indoors, Mississauga also has multiple golf simulators to choose from.
- Try some of the nine unique simulator rooms at Back Nine.
- Next Golf Mississauga offers 8 simulators including both open and public bays, with both driving range and golf course modes. Bonus: it’s open 24/7.
- At Pace of Play Golf, you’ll enjoy the lounge-like set-up and the variety of over 200 courses to choose from, plus the driving range, target practice and mini-games. Also open 24 hours.
For a break from the greens, try one of these attractions: