The leaves are starting to change and the air is getting nippy. That means it’s time to don your favourite sweater and head to Mississauga for some cozy, colourful Fall fun. From foliage to festivals, here are some of the top Autumn activities to add to your to-do list this season.
Celebrate the Harvest at Fun Festivals and Events
- From September 29 to October 8, visit Night Market TO’s Harvest Festival for Fall photo-ops featuring haystacks and a pumpkin patch, train rides, live entertainment, tasty food truck eats, and even some magic.
- Enjoy a foodie fundraiser while celebrating the year’s crops during The Riverwood Harvest event on October 17. You’ll enjoy fine autumnal dining while learning more about The Riverwood Conservancy’s programs and gardens.
Bring the Harvest Home with a Visit to the Farmer’s Market
Experience the last few weeks of Mississauga’s market season and take a stroll through the stalls before bringing home some farm-fresh produce. Check out the MCLC Lions Farmers’ Market or the Lakeview Farmers Market every Sunday until October 29. On Wednesdays until October 11, you can visit the MCS Lions Farmers’ Market in Celebration Square. Head to the Port on Saturdays until October 7 for the Port Credit Farmers’ Market.
Immerse Yourself in Fall Colours
- Mississauga has many beautiful parks and trails to spot the Fall foliage. One of the best is Erindale Park, where you can walk across the pedestrian bridge to take in the scenic views of the foliage that borders the Credit River from above. Or, hike the Culham Trail, which will bring you right into the midst of the spectacular scenery.
- For a more interactive experience, give back to nature while enjoying its colourful gifts at the Riverwood Conservancy’s Fall Colours walk and Tree Planting event on October 12.
Cozy up with High Tea in a Historic Setting
Head to Streetsville for a cozy afternoon enjoying the Harvest Tea at The Team Room located in a beautiful heritage building, The Robinson Bray House. Soak in the setting and the picturesque downtown views while you dine on seasonal delights.
Shop for Fall Plants and Pumpkins
Get your garden Autumn-ready with some help from the pros. Head to Sheridan Nurseries to pick up some Fall plants and an array of pumpkins, including specialty varieties, to decorate your home. Don’t miss out on the chance to get your hands (a little) dirty and customize your own Fall arrangement at the Make and Take workshop. You’ll get to work with a Sheridan Nurseries designer to make your own Fall planter using a custom mix of seasonal plants and accents. While you’re there, make sure to snap some photos at the themed selfie station!
Get Crafty and Create
- Get inspired by the natural beauty of Fall in Mississauga, then create your own Autumnal décor to display at The Riverwood Conservancy’s Fall Colours Walk and Wreath Making event. You’ll get into the spirit of the season as you weave natural elements into your wreath.
- Create something special to decorate your home at a 4Cats Art Studio Port Credit guided workshop. Whether you prefer to paint an Autumn landscape or craft a Fall-themed gnome, there are plenty of seasonal items to inspire your creativity.