While Summer may be wrapping up, the fun isn’t! Unpack your cardigans and get ready for sweater weather because there’s lots of cool events coming up in Mississauga this September.
Experience the largest light, sound, and multimedia show in the world at illumi – A Dazzling World of Lights, a 600,000 sq ft spectacle featuring 13 magical universes to discover.
Pull up a blanket in Celebration Square and enjoy some popcorn under the stars at Movie Nights every Thursday at 8pm. Pre-show starts at 6:30 pm.
Shop Ontario’s finest farm to table and locally made goods at the Lions Farmers Market in Celebration Square every Wednesday from 9 am to 3 pm or visit the Small Arms Inspection Building every Sunday to shop local at the Lakeview Farmers’ Market.
Summer Concert Series
Beat the summer heat as the Summer Concert Series continues every Friday at Streetsville Village Square and Sunday at Port Credit Memorial Park featuring a variety of acts sure to please music lovers.
World of Barbie
Explore the immersive World of Barbie experience at Square One and experience Barbie’s iconic Dreamhouse brought to life.
- Septemer 5th: Experience an evening of music under the stars at Celebration Square with Open Mic By B.L.A.C Music Festival – Love Local Music featuring Black emerging artists.
- September 8th: Grab a bite with Juno-award winning musicians The Hogtown Allstars at the Beggars Blues Banquet at the Port Credit Legion, including a delicious Southern style buffet dinner and live blues music.
- September 9th-11th: Enjoy a weekend of incredible music at the 24th annual Southside Shuffle Port Credit Blues and Jazz Festival, featuring live performances across three stages, plus vendors and food trucks.
September 12th to 18th
- September 12th: Spend an evening with the international master of the solo acoustic guitar, Tommy Emmanuel, at the Living Arts Centre.
- September 15th: Enjoy talented Asian artists at Celebration Square with Tennyson King, Arlene Paculan and Sarah Catharine – Love Local Music.
- September 16th: Celebrate Mississauga’s local music community at the Mississauga Music Awards 2022.
- September 17th-18th: Grab your furry friends (or other pets) and head to the International Centre for the Fall Canadian Pet Expo, the largest gathering of pet, reptile, and aquatic vendors in Canada.
- September 18th: Experience the music of local Country powerhouse with Bree Taylor presents: Cheers & Beers – Love Local Music in Celebration Square.
September 19th to 25th
- September 23rd: Dance to the sounds of new hip hop with an old-school flair while supporting hometown artists at Humble & Hungry LIVE at the Amphitheatre – Love Local Music in Celebration Square.
- September 23rd: Experience a love story told through one of the most exciting dance companies in Canada with Shumka on Tour at the Living Arts Centre.
September 26th to 30th
- September 29th: Celebrate young female singer-songwriters along with award-winning Mississauga artist Arlene at Wonder Women: Youth Edition 2022 – Love Local Music in Celebration Square.