If you’ve got free time coming up for this March Break, Mississauga has everything you need for a fun and easy family getaway. Whether you have a day or a week to spend, there are enough events, activities and attractions to keep the whole family entertained.
Here are some of the best ways to make the most of your March Break staycation in Mississauga.
Try some delicious delights
Mississauga has over 1,200 restaurants to choose from, so here are a few local favourites to get you started:
- For a casual and kid-friendly meal: Enjoy some Italian at Scaddabush or grab a burger at Gladiator Burger.
- For an incredible view: Cozy up at Snug Harbour and look out onto the lake while you eat.
- For food photographers: Indulge at the ultra-Instagrammable Miga Korean BBQ and make some fun family memories at the same time.
- For desserts: Find a wide variety of sweets like crepes, waffles, cakes and ice cream at Demetres.
Challenge your family to some friendly fun
If your family likes to face-off for some friendly competition, make sure to stop by GYGO. Battle it out at the Nerf Challenge featuring colossal foosball, a tryathalon course, an area or a variety of sports courts.
Treat yourselves at Square One
Take advantage of one of Ontario’s best shopping centres to update your wardrobe or pick up some gifts. With over 300 shops, you can spend the day searching for the perfect ‘fit and still have more stores to explore afterward.
Enjoy the outdoors
No winter staycation is complete without a trip to the nearby Celebration Square. Weather permitting, you can rent some skates and glide around the outdoor rink. Kariya Park, a short walk away, is a great alternative to rest in a scenic setting while getting some fresh air.
For longer outdoor excursions, walk the paths at Port Credit Memorial Park to appreciate the waterfront views of the Credit River. Bonus: there’s a playground and skate park on-site.
Capture some creative, picture-perfect memories
Add a special outing to your staycation schedule
Check out what’s on in Mississauga during March Break:
- March 15: Celebrate Andrew Lloyd Webber during Music of the Night: The Concert Tour at the Living Arts Centre.
- March 16-19: Explore history at the Bradley Museum’s special exhibit, The Ones We Met: Inuit Traditional Knowledge and the Franklin Expedition.
- March 16 & 18: Root for future NBA stars the Raptors 905 as they face off with the Lakeland Magic at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
- March 17: Catch OHL greats the Mississauga Steelheads as they play the Erie Otters at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
Planning an extended stay? The best hotels are just a click away
Make your staycation feel like a real vacation by booking a stay in Mississauga. Enjoy amenities like indoor pools, water slides, on-site restaurants and spas. Easily find the right hotel or motel for you with our directory.