Mississauga is the place to host your next
sport event, meeting or conference
Grant Allocation Considerations & Guidelines
- funding availability is dependent on Tourism Mississauga’s annual event hosting budget
- not all groups meeting the requirements will receive funding
- your event should not be reliant of grant funding in order to successfully operate
- approval of a grant in any one year does not mean the organization will receive it again in future years – applications must be made each year for returning events
The following must be submitted for the application to be considered for approval:
- the objectives of the event.
- a high level timeline and action plan for the event.
- the event’s organizational structure including names and roles for each position.
- a high level draft event budget listing revenues and expenses.
- a description of how funding will be used and a description of how any additional funds will be used in the event of a revenue surplus.
- a description of the arts and/or cultural components of the event. For example, opening/closing ceremonies,
medal/trophy presentation, graphics/web design, entertainment, exhibitions, etc.
- a description of how the event will contribute to the legacy of the City of Mississauga.
- estimated number of hotel room nights brought to the City.