Want to see the changing colours, explore small shops and indulge in some delicious dining? Spend a day embracing the season in Mississauga with our itinerary for the ultimate Autumn excursion.
Begin Your Visit
Start your Mississauga Autumn excursion in the quaint village of Streetsville. The charming streetscapes make for a picture-perfect walk, filled with charming shops. Stop into the historic Robinson Bray house to grab a to-go beverage and a baked treat from The Tea Room, a neighbourhood staple. The cozy ambiance will help set the tone for your leisurely stroll as you enjoy a taste of the season.
Streetsville is well-known for its shops housed in historic buildings, and the many unique options. Some of the must-stop spots include:
- Crafted Décor, offering a variety of distinctive gifts, including plenty of seasonal items – perfect to help you bring Autumn into your home.
- The Book Wardrobe, known as “your walk-in closet of stories,” where you’re sure to find your new favourite read among the vast book collection. After all, what’s better than curling up with a good book on a brisk Fall day?
- Catalyst & Co., a female-founded jewellery and gift shop selling simply beautiful and many handmade crystal pieces.
- Hobby Hobby, where you’ll find the perfect gift for collectible enthusiasts among the sprawling collection of models, cards, RC vehicles and novelty items.
Finish off your walk with a visit to the beautiful Streetsville Memorial Park. In addition to colourful foliage, the park also features walking paths along the Credit River, as well as a pedestrian bridge that’s perfect for scenic photography. It also offers amenities including multiple playgrounds, picnic areas and a soccer field.
Break for Lunch
When you’re ready to warm up inside, Streetsville has a wealth of eateries to choose from, ranging from fine dining to fast food. Our pick for a comforting meal in a charming setting is The Franklin House, an updated gastropub set in a restored Victorian home. The menu offers traditional pub fare along with classic entrees, and the atmosphere is as warm as the meals. If you prefer fresh-air dining, opt to sit on the heated patio and soak in the views.
Experience an Idyllic Autumn Afternoon
If visiting in October, don’t miss out on Halloween Hoopla at Square One. This family-friendly extravaganza has something for everyone, from thrilling rides to pumpkin painting, photo ops and live entertainment. Afterwards, you can even pop into Square One itself to find the perfect Fall outfit among its hundreds of stores.
Mid-afternoon is the perfect time to head to the Riverwood Conservancy for a hike through the trails decked out in Fall colours. As you explore, you’ll enjoy views of native flora and fauna, ponds, outdoor art, curated gardens and heritage buildings across the expansive and ecologically diverse grounds. Despite all the sights to see across the conservancy, nothing compares to the view of the Autumn leaves as you walk through the woods, so make sure to have your camera ready for the spectacular sights. Before your excursion, make sure to check out the event listings for any unique experiences happening during your visit, like bird-watching, forest bathing and guided tours.
Fall for Mississauga's Foodie Scene
Take advantage of the city’s extensive restaurant options by dining out for dinner. For a formal meal, La Castile is one of the most opulent spots in the city. Despite its castle-like space, the warm and rustic interior design will make you feel cozy even on cool nights. For a more casual option that’s sure to be a hit for the whole family, travel to Greece with a visit to Astoria Shish Kebob House. The authentic eats are perfectly matched by the atmosphere, and you’ll enjoy the warmth of the fireplace.
Not ready to head home? Keep the Fall fun going by scoping out the events calendar to find some evening entertainment.
- Hockey fans can catch a Mississauga Steelheads home game at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
- Head to one of Mississauga’s arts venues, the Living Arts Centre, the Maja Prentice Theatre or the Meadowvale Theatre, to experience an incredible show like We Will Rock You, orchestra performances and more.
This itinerary is just the start of all the Autumn excitement happening in Mississauga this season. Check out more Halloween festivities, and follow Visit Mississauga on Facebook and Instagram for more excursion inspiration.