This year, Eid is expected to fall on the evening of Thursday, April 20. Get ready to enjoy a delicious feast, indulge in the best sweets and savour this joyous occasion with your loved ones.
First things first: need to find the perfect outfit ahead of your celebration? From luxurious malls to locally-owned boutiques, Mississauga has endless shopping options.
- Check out the Eid Edit ’23 at Karigur for gorgeous kurtas, dresses and more, made from exquisitely detailed fabrics.
- Looking for some glam? Modest Wear has a wide selection of gorgeous evening gowns. Look out for the mommy and me matching outfit options so you can twin with the little in your life!
- Find something stylish for the whole family at Junaid Jamshed. Browse the festive collection for both casual and dressy options.
- For a less traditional or more casual look, you’re sure to find something stylish among the many brands at Square One.
Ready to feast? Whether you’re celebrating for one day or three, support local businesses and save yourself some time in the kitchen by picking up some delicious dishes from one of these restaurants or caterers:
- Despite its name, Premium Sweets offers everything from appetizers to mains and of course, a wide variety of sweets.
- At East Tea Can, enjoy authentic Middle-Eastern cuisine in a stylish yet inviting atmosphere, or take your favourites to go.
- Find delicious meals and friendly, efficient service at Mandi Afandi, a convenient catering option.
- Known for serving up “the finest flavours of Pakistan,” Nihari Inn is beloved by locals for good reason.
Celebrating with family and friends is even sweeter with delicious desserts to share. Check out these sweets shops and bakeries to find the perfect Eid treats:
- Visit Dates and Delights to choose from an array of all-Halal dates and chocolates – perfect for gifting.
- Soghaat Sweets and Bakers has the variety you’re looking for, from traditional sweets to multi-tier cakes that are sure to delight your guests.
- An Edible Arrangement, styled for Eid with stars and crescent moons, makes for a beautiful and delicious addition to your table.
Once you’ve packed away the decorations and the leftovers, peep the celebration going with these fun Eid community events:
- Enjoy food, fun and crafts while meeting other families at It Takes a Village: Eid Dinner on April 23.
- Mix and mingle with other singles while playing games and laughing along to stand-up comics at the Eid Social on April 29.
- Grab your gal pals and get ready to spoil yourselves at the exclusive Ladies Eid Gala on May 6.
- Bring the whole family for a day (or two) of fun including carnival games, rides henna, face painting, live shows, food and more at the Eid Al Adha Market & Carnival from June 24-25.