With hundreds of dining options, you’re never starved for choice when you’re looking for takeout in Mississauga. To add to the selection, many new restaurants have opened in the past 2 years, enduring the multitude of challenges posed by pandemic-era restrictions – and your support can help them stay around until it’s time to fully reopen.
Next takeout night, consider giving one of these newly opened restaurants a try.
- Cuisine: Hawaiian Asian fusion
- Claim to fame: Healthy Hawaiian Asian-inspired poke bowls & sushi burritos.
2. Farzi Café
- Cuisine: Indian
- Claim to fame: Created by MasterChef India alum Zorawar Kalra, this is the first Canadian location for the popular global restaurant offering a modern approach to classic Indian food.
3. Bar Catalina
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Claim to fame: Mississauga’s first paella-focus restaurant, offering modern Spanish items, including tapas.
- Cuisine: Portugese South African fusion
- Claim to fame: Portugese chicken with a south African twist, marinated for 24 hours in their famous Peri Peri sauce, and flame grilled.
- Cuisine: Breakfast + Brunch
- Claim to fame: As the name implies, they offer “larger than life dessert waffles,” topped with everything from ice cream to fresh fruit and even caramel corn!
6. DoughBox Wood Fired Pizza & Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
- Claim to fame: Artisan wood-fired pizza with perfectly stretched dough, crafted from decades of experience utilizing wood-fired ovens.
7. Get Grill
- Cuisine: Afro-Asian
- Claim to fame: Their unique blend of African Asian fusion spices is key to their uniquely flavourful menu of wraps and bowls.
8. Pur & Simple
- Cuisine: Breakfast + Lunch (Canadian)
- Claim to fame: Affordable luxury menu items featuring unexpected twists on classic recipes, from smoothie bowls and benedicts to artisanal versions of lunchtime favourites.
9. Pizza Shab
- Cuisine: Persian Italian
- Claim to fame: Deep dish halal pizza with Persian influences.
10. Agha Turkish Restaurant & Cafe
- Cuisine: Turkish
- Claim to fame: Their authentic Turkish dining experience includes a wide range of classics including a variety of meat dishes and Turkish desserts.
Learn more about how you can support your favourite Mississauga restaurants right now. For more restaurant inspiration, follow Visit Mississauga on Facebook and Instagram.