With hundreds of dining options, you’re never starved for choice when you’re looking for takeout in Mississauga. To add to the selection, many new restaurants have opened in the past 2 years, enduring the multitude of challenges posed by pandemic-era restrictions – and your support can help them stay around until it’s time to fully reopen.
Next takeout night, consider giving one of these newly opened restaurants a try.
- Cuisine: Hawaiian Asian fusion
- Claim to fame: Healthy Hawaiian Asian-inspired poke bowls & sushi burritos.
2. Farzi Café
- Cuisine: Indian
- Claim to fame: Created by MasterChef India alum Zorawar Kalra, this is the first Canadian location for the popular global restaurant offering a modern approach to classic Indian food.
3. Bar Catalina
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Claim to fame: Mississauga’s first paella-focus restaurant, offering modern Spanish items, including tapas.
- Cuisine: Portugese South African fusion
- Claim to fame: Portugese chicken with a south African twist, marinated for 24 hours in their famous Peri Peri sauce, and flame grilled.
- Cuisine: Breakfast + Brunch
- Claim to fame: As the name implies, they offer “larger than life dessert waffles,” topped with everything from ice cream to fresh fruit and even caramel corn!
- Cuisine: Italian
- Claim to fame: Artisan wood-fired pizza with perfectly stretched dough, crafted from decades of experience utilizing wood-fired ovens.
7. Get Grill
- Cuisine: Afro-Asian
- Claim to fame: Their unique blend of African Asian fusion spices is key to their uniquely flavourful menu of wraps and bowls.
8. Pur & Simple
- Cuisine: Breakfast + Lunch (Canadian)
- Claim to fame: Affordable luxury menu items featuring unexpected twists on classic recipes, from smoothie bowls and benedicts to artisanal versions of lunchtime favourites.
9. Pizza Shab
- Cuisine: Persian Italian
- Claim to fame: Deep dish halal pizza with Persian influences.
- Cuisine: Turkish
- Claim to fame: Their authentic Turkish dining experience includes a wide range of classics including a variety of meat dishes and Turkish desserts.