As the weather starts to heat up, so does Mississauga’s events calendar. From fan-favourite festivals, to the arts and athletics, there’s something happening for everyone this month. Here’s what’s coming up.
- October, 2021 – June 2, 2022: The New Youth Council welcomes all Mississauga youth between the ages of 14 and 21 to join our weekly meetings and support youth-driven creative projects with the Museums of Mississauga.
- March 26 – June 5: Visit the Small Arms Inspection Building as local and international Biennial artists transform the city and surrounding regions with artworks, talks, and performances that reflect local contexts and pressing issues of our time.
- May 24 – August 30: Work out with some of the city’s best instructors at Fresh Air Fitness in Celebration Square while participating in classes such as boot camp, Zumba/dance and yoga every Tuesday from 7-8pm.
- May 26 – September 1: Pull up a blanket in Celebration Square and enjoy some popcorn under the stars at Movie Nights every Thursday at 8pm.Pre-show starts at 6:30 pm.
- June 1 – October 12: Shop Ontario’s finest farm to table and locally made goods at the Lions Farmers Market in Celebration Square every Wednesday from 9 am to 3 pm.
- June 29 – August 31: Visit Celebration Square every Wednesday morning to discover the magic of books at Open Air Storytime.
June 1 – June 12:
- June 4: Visit the Streetsville Founders’ Bread and Honey Festival for a day full of family fun including live performances.
- June 4: Support paediatric cancer at COPS 4 Cancer’s BIG SHAVE event fundraiser in partnership with the Peel Regional Police and Canadian Cancer Society.
- June 4: Join 4 Corners: An Evening of Music, Art, Dance, and Conversation for an evening of music, dance, art, and conversations led by local talent and leaders.
- June 4: Join the Mississauga Symphony Orchestra in celebrating 50 years with Orchestral Fireworks at the Living Arts Centre.
- June 9: Celebrate individuals who have dedicated their time, skills, and energy to the betterment of all Mississaugians at Mississauga Real Estate Board’s Annual Civic Reception at the Mississauga Civic Centre.
- June 11: View silent age classic film The Passion of Joan of Arc presented by the Chamber Music Society of Mississauga at First Unitarian Congregation.
June 13 – June 19:
- June 17-18: Enjoy offerings from 15+ craft breweries and cideries while listening to live entertainment at the Creative Craft Beer Festival at the Small Arms Inspection Building.
- June 18: Enjoy foodie offerings from some of The Food District’s finest and support Pflag Canada Peel Region at Drag Brunch at Square One.
- June 18: Join five Canadian comics for Dad Jokes: A Father’s Day Comedy Show featuring hilarious stories about dad life in support of All Paws Rescue Services.
- June 18 -19: Celebrate the 75th International Yoga Day in partnership with 75 yoga & wellness, community and cultural organizations at the Living with Wellness Spring Festival at Celebration Square.
June 20 – June 30:
- June 22: Kids’ favourite performer is coming to the Paramount Fine Foods Centre! Little ones will love Blippi The Musical, bringing Blippi off the screen and onto the stage.
- June 22: Catch iconic Brit-pop legends The Zombies with Altameda live at the Living Arts Centre.
- June 25: Visit Clarkson Village Live! for an afternoon of live music, activities for kids, an artisan market and much more.
- June 25: Join the Chamber Music Society of Mississauga for an evening of music as they introduce their new Artistic Director Cheryl Duvall and Andrew Sords, long-time collaborator and American virtuoso violinist at the Living Arts Centre.