The holiday season means spending time with friends and family. Whether you’re the one visiting, or hosting guests from out of town, make your visit extra memorable with some of Mississauga’s best winter experiences.
While hosting your loved ones over the holidays can be fun, it can also be a lot of work to cook for everyone, especially during longer visits. Luckily, when it comes to food, Mississauga has a lot to offer – more than 1,200 restaurants featuring over 150 unique cuisines – and some incredible winter dining experiences.
- Have fun cooking your own Korean BBQ in a winter wonderland at Miga. Its outdoor seating is decked out holiday style, complete with glowing trees, garlands and lights. Plus, they’ve added special holiday treats and drinks to their menu.
- You don’t need to leave the country to enjoy authentic Mexican cuisine. In true Canadian style, you can enjoy Mississauga’s El Mariachi Tacos and Churros menu in your own personal igloo so you can experience outdoor winter dining without freezing your toes.
- If you’re looking for a variety of options and don’t mind the chilly weather, Night Mark Toronto’s Frost Bites is perfect for you. The pop-up market located outside of Square One features a variety of winter-themed food options, plus a backdrop of sparkling winter forest décor, so you can snap the perfect selfie.
- A round of board games is perfect for a cozy winter evening in. At De Code Adventures you can take advantage of a huge selection of games while you eat. When you’re finished, you and your friends can test your skill in one of their escape rooms.
Of course, there are hundreds of options to choose from, so be sure to check out Visit Mississauga’s full list of Mississauga dining options.
EXPLORE THE OUTDOORS
Mississauga may be known for its big city amenities, so guests to the area are sure to be wowed by spending some time in one of its many parks, conservation areas, and outdoor attractions.
- While the Riverwood Conservancy’s sprawling landscape is beautiful any time of year, it has a special magic in the winter, when you can observe the resident wildlife that have adapted to the chilly temperatures. The trails are at their most serene when nestled under a layer of freshly fallen flurries, and sparkling snow makes Arts and Crafts style century building that houses the Conservancy especially picturesque.
- For a classic winter experience, you can skate in the great outdoors at one of Mississauga’s open-air rinks. If you’re looking for a little bit of hustle and bustle with a lot of holiday spirit, head to the rink at Celebration Square. The Square is also filled with thousands of dazzling lights and stunning art installations throughout the holidays. Skate and helmet rentals are also available. For a slightly more casual skating experience (or a game of pick-up hockey), many of Mississauga’s parks feature natural rinks, weather allowing.
AN EVENING OF ENTERTAINMENT
Top off a visit with your loved ones by spending an entertaining evening at one of Mississauga’s theatres or arenas.
- Watching a hockey game is a quintessential Canadian winter experience. Root for the Steelheads at a Mississauga home game to see some of Ontario’s top hockey talent – before they head to the national league.
- Of course, there’s more sports action to be had. Mississauga has one of the best G League NBA teams, the Raptors 905, so make sure to catch a game – you’ll have a blast scoping out some of Ontario’s top basketball talent.
- If your interests lie more in the arts, take in a show at the Living Arts Centre. This winter, shows include holiday classic The Nutcracker and performances by the Milton Symphony Orchestra.
There’s no need to crash on anyone’s couch during your visit – It Pays to Stay in Mississauga’s hotels. Make it a true holiday by booking a two night stay and you’ll receive a $100 VISA pre-paid card so you can take advantage of all of the incredible dining and entertainment Mississauga has to offer.
Stay tuned to Visit Mississauga on Instagram and Facebook for all the latest winter fun.