Looking for something new and exciting to do this winter? It may be chilly outside, but Mississauga is full of hot spots to explore, and you could win some sweet rewards for checking them out.
If you’re a fan of scavenger hunts and city-wide escapades, Tourism Mississauga’s new Local Gems pass is for you! With the pass, you can search for the city’s top (and top secret) attractions, collecting gems along the way. The more you explore, the more you could win – all while experiencing some of the best that Sauga has to offer.
How the Local Gems Pass Works
This mobile exclusive passport is a collection of some of Mississauga’s best and brightest destinations, attractions, restaurants and more. Through the pass, you’ll get exclusive access to special deals and discounts only available to pass-holders.
On top of saving some cash while exploring the city, you also have a chance to win a variety of prizes!
- Collect 10 hidden gems and you could win a $25 prepaid Mastercard.
- Collect them ALL and you could win a $100 prepaid Mastercard.
Accessing your free pass is simple:
- Visit https://www.visitmississauga.ca/localgems/ and complete the quick form. You will instantly receive your pass via text or email.
- Save your pass for easy access; (it’s not an app, so be sure to save the link.)
- When you arrive at a local gem, open up your pass and tap “check in” to validate your location and collect your gem.
- Tap “redeem” to collect the available offers, and be sure to show your screen to claim them.
5 Must-Visit Local Gems
While some of the deals and discounts are top-secret, we can tell you about a few of the sites you can explore with your Local Gems Pass. Here are just five of the many restaurants, parks and attractions you can find.
- Daddy O Doughnuts & British Baked Goods: Try some of Mississauga’s best British baked goods and gourmet doughnuts.Get a free doughnut when you buy 6!
- Stonehooker Brewing Co.: If you’re looking for variety, this local brewery has you covered, with 4-18 varieties of IPAs, stouts, pilsners and more available on any given day.
- Paul Coffey Park: This unique park featuring castle turrets and dragons is perfect for imaginative play.
- UFLY Simulator: If you’ve ever wanted totry your hand at piloting a plane, this is your chance to give it a go for 20% off.
- Saigon Park: Take your workout routine to the great outdoors and take advantage of Saigon Park’s 1-km trail featuring outdoor exercise equipment. If you just want some fresh air and nice views, check out the public art and lookout points.
The top prize is only available for a short time, so don’t wait – get your pass today and start exploring! Follow Visit Mississauga on Facebook and Instagram to learn about all of the latest must-see experiences.