One of the most joyous times of the year is right around the corner. This year, Diwali falls on Sunday, November 12, but you can enjoy the festive season with plenty of activities and attractions in Mississauga. Get ready to celebrate the Festival of Lights with our guide to Diwali in Mississauga.
Shop for Diwali Sweets, Decor and More
- Pick out the perfect outfit at Aksyas Fashion & Giftware, featuring a range of silk sarees and suits. Or, for menswear, head to Bombay Trendz, where you can shop the stunning collection of formalwear.
- For a luxurious experience, visit the Anita Dongre Pop-Up at Holt Renfrew in Square One until October 20 to find the most glamorous fashion.
- Find glittering golden jewellery at Rita’s Jewellery, a boutique offering a wide range of options perfect for special occasions.
- Treat your family and friends to some delicious treats, like Ras Gulla, Laddoo and much more from Premium Sweets. Here, you can customize your selection or opt for a specially curated Diwali sweet box.
- Light up your home with beautifully hand-painted or bejewelled Diwali candles from Henna by Pramilla.
- Order a vibrant array of colourful flowers to decorate for the festival from a favourite locally-owned shop, Flower Fantasy.
Celebrate Diwali at Special Events
- On October 14 and 15, visit Celebration Square for the annual free event Canada Diwali RazzMatazz. Shop at the Diwali Bazaar, try mouth-watering meals at the Diwalicious food court and enjoy live entertainment, along with family-friendly activities.
- Dress up in traditional attire and head to the Karwa Chauth/Diwali Celebrations on October 28 where you’ll enjoy a three-course meal, games, a DJ, dancing, a Mehndi Corner and more. Bonus: Kids under 5 are free, so bring the whole family.
- Delve into the rich cultural heritage behind Diwali as you shop and explore the thrilling festivities at Diwali Dhamaka 2023, an experience that will immerse you into the tales of triumph, love, and unity, happening on November 5 and 11.
- Enjoy a happening night out with authentic Bollywood vibes at The Rec Room’s Diwali Dhamaka party on November 11.
- Head to National Banquet Hall on October 29 for Sparkling Diwali Mela, featuring food, shopping, a DJ, and fun kids activities.
- Join the Indian Women Circle for Grand Tyohaar Diwali Gala 2023 on November 18 and celebrate the festival in style while you enjoy a full-course dinner, dance performances a fashion walk and dancing.
Special Ways to Celebrate
- Enjoy the bright holiday season with a visit to illumi where you can explore 14 magical universes filled with millions of lights.
- Take advantage of the City’s special bylaw allowing residents to set off fireworks on private property without a permit on Diwali and create your own light show.