From journeys around the world to musical trips in outer space, May is set to be an exciting month in Mississauga. Don’t miss out! Mark your calendar to experience some of the most incredible events of the year.
- Support emerging and mid-career artists as they showcase works in the theme of Change. Transition. during the annual City of Mississauga Resident Artist Exhibition until May 25.
- Journey to Isla Nublar and come the closest you’ll ever get to real dinosaurs at Jurassic World: The Exhibition until June 25.
- Learn about crops, food production and diverse dishes at What’s for Dinner? Exploring Locally Sourced Meals in Southern Ontario: Exhibition at the Bradley Museum until July 30.
May 1st - 7th
- May 5-7: Treat yourself or a lady in your life to live music, shopping and more at the MAMA’s Day Market.
- May 5: Join Crescent Hill Gallery for the opening event of Brushes with the Ethereal, a first look at the Spring exhibition featuring many of the participating artists.
- May 6: Explore the environmental challenges facing our world through music as the Mississauga Festival Choir presents The Trampled Earth at the Living Arts Centre.
- May 6: Hit the town for a night of music and dancing as NV Entertainment presents Don Phenom and Erona Pacolli.
- May 7: Bring your family to the International Centre for a day of fun exploring various species up close at the Toronto Reptile and Plant Expo.
- May 7: Learn about the sport of rugby from coaches and players, and grab some lunch together during the Mississauga Blue Free Try Rugby Event.
- May 7: Enjoy an afternoon of classical music from young local talent at MYSO: Music Around the World, performed at the Living Arts Centre.
May 8th - 14th
May 13: Enjoy a concert featuring variety of musical styles from show tunes and jazz to pop and gospel at In Concert with The Ambiance Singers.
May 13: Listen to beloved tunes from one of the world’s most dazzling cover bands, ABBA Revisited at the Meadowvale Theatre.
May 15th - 21st
May 19: Experience colourful performances from 320 Ukrainian dancers during the 2023 Barvinok 54th Year End Concert at the Living Arts Centre.
May 21: Listen to some of India’s best musicians during the interactive concert HI-GH-ON-MU-SIC 2023 at the Living Arts Centre.
May 22nd - 28th
May 25: Join master of fusion music Aleph and incredible guests as he brings together the three worlds of Jazz, Flamenco and Oriental in Aleph & His Orchestra at the Living Arts Centre.
May 27: Let the Mississauga Symphony Orchestra guide you through an interplanetary expedition during MSO: Gustav Holst – The Planets at the Living Arts Centre.
May 26 – 28: Journey around the world without leaving the city as you explore unique pavilions at one of Mississauga’s most beloved annual traditions, the Carassauga Festival of Cultures.