The official start of summer is nearly upon us and Mississauga has plenty of hot events happening all month long. Kick off your summer right with all the latest happenings.
- Journey to Isla Nublar and come the closest you’ll ever get to real dinosaurs at Jurassic World: The Exhibition until June 25.
- Learn about crops, food production and diverse dishes at What’s for Dinner? Exploring Locally Sourced Meals in Southern Ontario: Exhibition at the Bradley Museum until July 30.
- Learn how you can take climate action at We are Resilient, a travelling exhibition featuring perspectives from scientific leaders and compelling photographs and stories created by Mississauga residents until August 7.
- Visit Benares Historic House for the annual summer festival celebrating Mississauga’s agricultural past and present, the Blooms & Berries Festival, featuring workshops, a themed scavenger hunt, and an outdoor market, from June 1 – July 3.
- Shop for local, sustainable produce, unique artisan products and more at the Port Credit Farmers Market every Saturday from June 3 – October 7 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Elmwood lot. (3 Elmwood Ave. North)
- Visit the Lions Farmers Market every Wednesday from June 7 – October 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. to support local farmers while enjoying some of the city’s finest produce and homemade goods.
- Back for its fourth season, visit the Lakeview Farmers’ and Artisan Market at the Small Arms Inspection Building for a unique indoor and outdoor market experience featuring shopping, activities and live entertainment.
- Enjoy some free family fun under the stars every Thursday evening at Celebration Square’s Movie Nights, on until August 31.
- Listen to beautiful music in the fresh air at Benares Historic House during On the Verandah – Outdoor Music Concerts 2023 until August 11.
- Move your body alongside top instructors offering free muscle-pumping, high-energy classes for folks of all fitness levels and abilities to enjoy during Fresh Air Fitness at Celebration Square, every Tuesday until August 29.
June 1st - 4th
- June 2: Sing along to the greatest hits of country legends in a Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood tribute show at Rama Gaming House.
- June 3: Join the Chamber Music Society of Mississauga for a performance of Moneka Arabic Jazz reflecting Ahmed Moneka’s journey from Baghdad to Toronto at the Living Arts Centre.
- June 3: Help revitalize the skate park along with local artist Ray Vidal while listening to DJ duo Ljones x Ronny Royce (DJ duo) during Mo(ve)ment: Skate Park Paint Jam in Port Credit Memorial Park.
- June 3: Support community well-being through showcases of arts, music and culture during the Living with Wellness Arts Festival at Celebration Square.
- June 4: Be wowed by some of the top performances from the Canadian Dance Company at its Red Carpet Event at the Living Arts Centre.
- June 4: Visit the 37th annual Mopar Spring Fling to see an assortment of Mopar vehicles while enjoying a DJ, door prizes, classes and more at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre parking lots.
June 5th - 11th
- June 8: Children in grades 2-6 can participate in this hands-on food literacy field trip, Sprout Circus – Dirt to Dish at the Small Arms Inspection Building, to learn all about their food.
- June 10: Head to Clarkson for its annual community event, Clarkson Village Live! Enjoy live music, family entertainment and activities, a market and more. This free event is accepting donations of non-perishable food items for The Compass Food Bank and Outreach Centre.
- June 10: Listen to beautiful, world-class organ music as St. Andrew’s Memorial Presbyterian Church presents the Dmytro Morozov Charity Concert
- June 10: Enjoy the culture, traditions and artistry of Polish-Canadians during annual festival Mississauga Polish Day at Celebration Square.
- June 10: Laugh along to Italo-Canadese comic Giuseppe the MC at his first arena show during The Sofisticacatu World Comedy Tour at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
June 12th - 18th
- June 15: Experience the story of Angel who escapes from her abusive partner to a women’s shelter on the reservation during the film Generational Legacies, Broken Angel, showing at the Living Arts Centre as part of the 2023 imagineNATIVE Tour.
- June 16: Celebrate Pride and National Indigenous Peoples Day with a performance from the internationally acclaimed ensemble the Cris Derksen Quartet at the Living Arts Centre.
- June 16: Boogie down to legendary disco hits at the Sing-Along Tribute to the Bee Gees – Disco Fever Night!
- June 16-17: Sip on some of the best brews while listening to live music and enjoying some delicious eats at the Creative Craft Beer Festival.
- June 16-17: Enjoy dinner out with your family at the 10th Mississauga Halal Food Festival, featuring a variety of food vendors, plus magic shows, bouncy castles, music, shopping and more.
June 19th - 25th
- June 21: Visit Celebration Square for the National Indigenous Peoples Day Celebration 2023 to explore Indigenous art, music, culture and traditions. Enjoy performances from some of Turtle Island’s top entertainers, participate in Pow Wows and enjoy fun family activities.
- June 22: Children in grades 2-6 can participate in this hands-on food literacy field trip, Sprout Circus – Dirt to Dish at the Small Arms Inspection Building, to learn all about their food.
- June 24: Shop for treasure at the iconic Antique Market at the Small Arms Inspection Building.
- June 24: Celebrate Canada’s Multiculturalism Day with a variety of community groups and bands performing music, song and dance from all over the world at the Mississauga World Music Festival at Celebration Square.
- June 25: Shop and explore pets, plants and supplies at the Toronto Reptile and Plant Expo at the International Centre.
June 26th - 30th
- June 30: Be transported back to the golden era of funk during a high-energy performance by Oakland Stroke – A Tribute to Tower of Power (Sing-A-Long) at Rama Gaming House.