The holiday season is right around the corner, and that means lots of festive fun throughout the city, featuring everything from FIFA to fireworks. Keep your calendars free and plan to send 2022 out with a bang with these fantastic December events.
on now until January 29th
Experience the largest light, sound, and multimedia show in the world at illumi – A Dazzling World of Lights, a 600,000 sq ft spectacle featuring 13 magical universes to discover.
Journey to Enchantment
on now until January 1st
With over 2 million lights on a 2KM route, Journey to Enchantment features your favourite Holiday and Christmas characters, a Sparkling drive thru tunnel, 2D to 3D displays, music lights and much more this Christmas and Holiday Season!
We Are Resilient
on now until January 6th
Learn how you can take climate action at this compelling free exhibit, We Are Resilient, inspired by the City of Mississauga’s Climate Change Action Plan, featuring photographs and stories created by Mississauga residents, perspectives from international scientific leaders.
FIFA World Cup Qatar Screenings
on now until December 18th
Join your neighbours to cheer on your favourite team at FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Screenings in Celebration Square.
Winter Magic at Celebration Square
on now until January 3rd
Bask in the Winter Magic at Celebration Square with interactive light installations, free outdoor skating, heated patios and delicious eats in the heart of downtown.
Lights! Camera! Empowerment!
on now until December 18th
Visit the Bradley Museum to explore Lights! Camera! Empowerment! This exhibition from DEEN Support Services showcases work from a diverse, passionate group of individuals with disabilities, drawing inspiration from picture book The Conference of the Birds.
Mississauga Festival of Trees
on now until December 11th
The second annual Mississauga Festival of Trees at the Small Arms Inspection Building is the perfect place to make some wintery memories. Featuring whimsical light displays and art installations, markets and live entertainment, you’re sure to be wowed!
December 1st to 4th
- December 1st-4th: Enjoy the magic of Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella (Broadway Version) presented by Clarkson Music Theatre and The Encore Series at the Living Arts Centre.
- December 2nd: If you love Christmas and British classics like Monty Python and Mr. Bean, grab your teacups and your tickets for O Christmas Tea: A British Comedy at the Living Arts Centre.
- December 2nd: Root on the future NHL stars of the Mississauga Steelheads during a home game at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
- December 2nd-4th: Find unique, handcrafted and locally made gifts at the Mississauga Festival of Trees – Artisan Market in the Small Arms Inspection Building.
- December 3rd: Sit back and relax while you listen to the sounds of the holiday season with Holiday Stories presented by the Mississauga Festival Choir at the Living Arts Centre.
- December 4th: Experience a holiday classic as the State Ballet Theatre of Ukraine transports you to a winter wonderland in The Nutcracker at the Living Arts Centre.
- December 4th: Root on the future NHL stars of the Mississauga Steelheads during a home game at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
December 5th to 11th
- December 6th-8th: Take part in a variety of festive and artistic events, from nature walks with Credit Valley Conservation, to crafting and painting with skilled artisans at the Mississauga Festival of Trees – Workshops.
- December 8th: It might be a Thursday, but you’ll come down with Saturday Night Fever during Tribute to Bee Gees “One Night Only” at Meadowvale Theatre featuring some of the greatest hits.
- December 9th-11th: Snack on sweet and savoury treats at the Mississauga Festival of Trees – Culinary Market, including an array of food and beverage venders – perfect for shopping for your favourite foodie.
- December 11: Join the Salvation Army at the Living Arts Centre for its free event, The Gift of Christmas, to enjoy performances from Phylicia and Cameron Rawlins, choirs and the Mississauga Temple Band.
December 12th to 18th
- December 14: Catch future NBA stars the Raptors 905 for a home game at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre
- December 15th: Ready for some laughs? Colin & Brad: Scared Scriptless is the perfect evening out featuring improv acts suggested (and maybe acted out) by the audience.
- December 16th: Catch future NBA stars the Raptors 905 for a home game at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
- December 16th: Travel back in time while being dazzled by stunning costumes and smooth yuletide toons with A Merry Motown Christmas at the Living Arts Centre.
- December 17th: Enjoy Christmas classics tailored for little ones presented by the Mississauga Symphony Youth Orchestra at the Living Arts Centre at MSYO: Merry Little Christmas for the Very Young.
- December 17th: The Mississauga Symphony Orchestra will also perform their own family-friendly Merry Little Christmas spectacular during an evening performance at the Living Arts Centre.
- December 18th: Visit Meadowvale Theatre for Rhythm of Roots 2022, the 10th annual recital of danceShala featuring Bollywood Dance, Bhangra, and Indian Classical styles.
- December 18th: Root on the future NHL stars of the Mississauga Steelheads during a home game at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
December 19th to 31st
- December 31st: Say farewell to 2022 in Celebration Square during New Year’s Eve 2022 featuring performances from international performing artists, food trucks and fireworks.