There’s nothing like a getaway for building fun family memories, but you don’t need to travel far for a world-class experience. No matter your interests, ‘Sauga has something for everyone. Here’s how to take your family on the ultimate summer staycation in Mississauga.
SNACK AND STROLL IN STREETSVILLE
The perfect way to start your summer excursion? A stroll through historic Streetsville, full of quaint small town charm and beautiful historic buildings. Visit on a Saturday to take advantage of the Summer Market where you can fuel up with fresh produce and baked treats while perusing locally made and farmed goods.
While exploring “the village in the City,” be sure to download the ImagineAR app to enjoy a self-guided augmented reality walking tour and learn about the heritage locations throughout Streetsville.
PLAY, DINE AND SHOP IN ‘SAUGA
Next on the staycation itinerary, head to the heart of the city for some fun and games at The Rec Room in Square One Shopping Centre. From bowling to virtual reality, there’s so much to entertain you here, even your teens won’t want to leave.
Bonus: once you’re played out, you can enjoy some top-of-the-line shopping in Square One. While there, you can grab a bite at the Food District featuring a variety of eateries and an outdoor patio.
TRAVEL THE WORLD – WITHOUT LEAVING THE CITY
Finish off your day at one of Mississauga’s natural wonders. Just a short walk away from Square One is Mississauga’s renowned Kariya Park. Named after Mississauga’s sister city, Kariya, Japan, the park features a duck pond, walkways, gardens and a stunning Japanese pavilion. It’s truly the perfect place for a tranquil respite from the city’s hustle and bustle – as well as a picture-perfect family portrait spot.
Also be sure to stop by Celebration Square to cool down in the Fountain, check out some public art displays, enjoy food trucks and shop in a shipping container turned local art shop.
MORE TO EXPLORE IN MISSISSAUGA
Don’t stop at a daytrip! When you visit Mississauga, It Pays to Stay! Book two or more nights at a participating hotel and you’ll receive a $100 VISA prepaid gift card to spend in the city so you can enjoy even more of what Mississauga has to offer,
More local attractions to visit:
- For young kids: Unlock your kids’ imaginations at Playtown indoor playground.
- For teens: Check out Virtual Galaxies for an epicmultiplayer virtual reality experience or perfect your tricks at one of Mississauga’s skate or BMX parks.
- For art lovers: Don’t miss the Art Gallery of Mississauga.
- For adventure seekers: From paddle boarding and kayaking, to mountain biking and tandem cycling, Port Credit Adventures has the perfect options for you to explore Mississauga.
- For foodies: Take a culinary adventure with HomeChef’s cooking classes – perfect for exploring cultural favourites while brushing up your kitchen skills with the help of pros.
- For couples: Reconnect and relax at one of Mississauga’s many spas.
- For nature lovers: The Riverwood Conservancy is home to 475 plant and animal species spread across 150 acres of natural space.Don’t miss the Yoga in Nature events!