There’s nothing better than spending a summer day outdoors, but when the sun gets to be too much, it’s good to know some great places to cool off. These are some of Mississauga’s best spots to escape the sun.
Enjoy Some Waterworks
There are plenty of spots to chill out with some water fun:
- The Fountain in Celebration Square is great for splashing and wading. It’s open 10 AM – 8 PM all week with timed 20-minute slots. TIP: Capacity is limited, so check the webcams to gauge attendance.
- If you’re looking to splash even longer there are 28 – count them – 28 Mississauga parks with spray pads.
- Of course, there’s no shortage of either indoor or outdoor pools.
- Do you prefer the lakeshore to the poolside? Head over to one of the beaches. Lakefront Promenade Park is a much-loved locale for its shallower water, splash pad and boating amenities that make it perfect for families.
Take a Shady Walk
Sauga is chock full of beautiful wooded areas for you to seek out some shade:
- Take a woodland hike through Cooksville Creek Trail or Burnhamthorpe Trail, which are full of shady old-growth trees.
- The Riverwood Conservancy and Erindale Park also offer beautiful, scenic walking paths, and benches to rest under the trees while you enjoy the sights and sounds of nature.
Try a Picnic or a Patio
When it’s time to eat, don’t boil in the sun – try one of these spots:
- Mississauga has 14 parks with shade structures, perfect for picnicking out of the sun.
- If you’re not up to DIY, enjoy a waterfront meal at the renowned Snug Harbour restaurant or one of Mississauga’s many other patios.
Looking for more ideas to keep you cool? Check out more Mississauga attractions and follow Visit Mississauga on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.