Just like the creatures that go bump in the night, Halloween is just around the corner. If you’re looking for a frighteningly good time, check out these Mississauga events.
Halloween Monster Tales: Bring the family to Celebration Square to enjoy a Halloween inspired story walk! Dress up your little monsters and travel through three immersive stories for some not-so-scary Halloween fun. Enjoy fun photo ops throughout the installation – and make sure to tag your photos with #MonsterTales.
- Good to know: This is a free outdoor event. Use the Goose Chase app to participate in the scavenger hunt for a chance to win prizes. Bonus: visit on the day of Halloween and the stories’ authors will be answering questions on the Square’s big screens.
Spooktacular Light Show – Family Fun Halloween Drive-Thru: Drive through a spectacular, family-friendly display of over 1.5 million lights, including a pumpkin filled tunnel, monsters, haunted houses and more. Located at Meadowvale GO.
- Good to know: Tickets are per car and the experience begins at 7pm each night. If you buy tickets for the Halloween drive-thru, you also get a discount on their Christmas lights experience.
The Haunting of Square Manor: For those looking for a real fright this Halloween, Square One’s interactive Square Manor House walk-through, featuring zombies, creepy clowns, ghostly ghouls and more scary characters, is for you. This is an outdoor, socially distanced event located in the Square One parking lot.
- Good to know: Kids shows with limited live actors run from 4-6 pm and the regular shows begin at 6:30. The regular show is recommended for those aged 13+.The event runs until November 8. Tickets are available here.
Halloween Harvest at Bradley Museum: Take a trip back in time to the spookiest holiday’s roots! Learn about the ancient customs from which Halloween as we know it today was derived through heritage demonstrations and games. Plus, Elder Mark Sault (Gikinoo’amaagew inini) of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation will be showing how to prepare seasonal Anishinaabe foods. While you’re there, use the GooseChase app to join the Halloween Hunt for tricks and treats – all participants will be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card.
- Good to know: This is a free but timed event, running from 12-4pm Saturday and Sunday and reservations are needed. Costumes are welcome and guests are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food donation for the food bank.
Halloween in the Village: Head to Clarkson village to enjoy trick or treating at local businesses, hosted by the Clarkson BIA. Enjoy games, giveaways, treats and more!
- Good to know: This outdoor event runs from 10am – 2pm on Saturday, October 30.
FallIN the Port with Jack O-Lantern: Get your cameras ready and visit Port Credit to take your photo with Jack, or at the FallIN the Port installation at the iconic lighthouse. Then, enjoy buskers as you walk along the Waterfront Trail.
- Good to know: Buskers will be performing from 11 am – 9 pm.
Streetsville Spooktacular Kids Scavenger Hunt: Kids – keep your eyes peeled for Halloween decals in Streetsville shop windows – 36 in all! Once they’ve found them all, children can be entered to win one of 50 Spooktacular treat baskets.
- Good to know: This is an entirely contactless event. Kids are not required to enter stores to participate. Winners will be drawn after Halloween.
For more upcoming events, stay tuned to Visit Mississauga on Instagram and Facebook.