Mississauga always has lots to see and do, but there’s nothing like summer in Sauga. As the city starts to safely reopen, there are even more festivals and events to enjoy. Here are six you can’t miss!
Celebrating 10 Years of MCS
This year, Celebration Square turns 10 and Mississauga has amped up the festivities to commemorate the milestone.
- Mi Casa, Your Casa 2.0, an installation of 14 red frame houses featuring hammocks and swings will invite you in and remind you that Mississauga is home.
- You’ll be dazzled by Loving Kindness, an immersive mural by local artist Bareket Kezwer that celebrates the memories of the last decade.
- Enjoy viewings of media arts by local and international artists on Monday nights in the Square with Art on the Screens.
- Good to know: All of these activities are free and run until September 6.
India Day 2021
Experience the culture of India without leaving the city! Celebrate India Day on August 15 at the Drive-Thru Parade featuring Indian State pavilions, live performances, giveaways and floats – all while staying safe in your car.
- Good to know: This is a free event (food drive donations are requested) – but make sure to register for a ticketed time slot as spaces are limited. Food trucks will be on-site but food must be pre-ordered. The event runs rain or shine.
Get your camera ready and take a walk through Candytropolis at Sugar Rush, a vibrant, candy-themed open-air experience, perfect for the whole family – including your dog! The 40,000 square foot pop-up, which runs until September 6, immerses you in a colourful candy world featuring art displays, floats and of course, lots of treats.
- Good to know: Advance ticket purchase required. The experience is tailored for day and night enjoyment. Dogs are welcome on specified days.
Carrassauga Festival of Cultures
Don’t miss Canada’s largest multicultural festival! A celebration of the diverse cultural origins of Mississauga’s citizens, Carrassauga takes places across multiple pavilions throughout the city (with free MiWay and shuttle transport.) Your passport includes unlimited visits so you can enjoy a variety of live performances and cultural activities. Kids 12 and under can enjoy the Kids Zone featuring crafts, games, rides and more.
- Good to know: The festival runs from August 20-22. Passports are $10 in advance and $12 at the door; children 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult passport-holder.
Nothing says summer like a weekend walk through an outdoor market, shopping for local, seasonal produce straight from the source. Mississauga has a plethora of markets happening all summer long.
- Port Credit Farmers Market: Saturdays, 8 AM – 1 PM.
- Streetsville Summer Market: Saturdays, 8 AM – 1 PM.
- Lakeview Farmers Market: Sundays, 10 AM – 2 PM.
- MCLC Lion’s Farmers’ Market: Wednesdays, 9 AM – 5 PM.
- Erin Mills Farmers Market: Thursdays, 3 PM – 7 PM.
Summer Concert Series
Looking for something fun to do from the comfort of home? Tune into the Summer Concert Series every Monday for video performances from local talent.
- Good to know: Follow Sauga Culture on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for bonus content including artist interviews and behind the scenes footage.
There are even more exciting events to experience in Mississauga this summer! Visit the event calendar for the latest happenings and be sure to follow Visit Mississauga on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.